October 16, 2014

Prayer of the day

Today in the Church we celebrate the feast of St. Hedwig.  I confess I don't know a lot about her but I know she is beloved in the Polish community and we have a parish here in Manchester named after her.  Her feast always reminds me of Mr. Gorski '58, our late, legendary English teacher who taught here for 51 years and died last year.  He was a member of St. Hedwig Parish and the proudest Polish person I ever met!

In honor of Mr. Gorski and today's feast then, this was our prayer this morning:

O St Hedwig, in this world you rejected the honours of the Court, its pomp, luxury and pleasures, and went to be with the poor to help them in the destitution and misery of life. There in Heaven, cast a kind look on us poor mortals, and obtain for us the grace (mention your request) and that of living in the peace and friendship of God.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment