July 11, 2012

Off to Buffalo

In just a few short days, 6 students, Mrs. Photiades, P'14, and I will be heading off to Buffalo, NY for the annual Lasallian Youth Assembly.  We will be joining 110 or so other high school students from Lasallian high schools throughout the East Coast for a week of faith, service, and community.  LYA is held in a different city each year - last year it was in Philadelphia, the year before in Providence, etc.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love buffalo wings so to be headed to Buffalo is an extra plus.  This will be my 4th trip to Buffalo and the first since I attended the Buffalo Wing Festival in 2007 with my wife and 3-month old son!  We will be staying at Niagara University and spending three days doing service.  Each night consists of prayer, presentations, and a social.  On the last full day we go on a excursion around the area.

On the last night we will gather in the chapel for a final prayer service and sending forth.  During last year's final prayer service we were singing a song called "I am a Believer" and one by one people started going into the middle of the chapel and were dancing and singing the song.  It was so impromptu and amazing.  One of the adults videoed it and posted it on You Tube (which you can watch below).  You can also watch a slideshow one of the chaperones put together below as well.

I can't wait to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment