September 7, 2011

Prayer of the Day

Today's prayer was written some years ago by an alumnus.  I found it in a folder with other prayers Mr. Andrew Nelson had students write when he was Director of Campus Ministry at Trinity.  I found this prayer to be appropriate as we continue to pray for the recovery of Mr. Phil Nelson who recently had open heart surgery:

God,
There are so many people in the world who are sick or about to get sick.  
There are so many people who don't have anyone to pray for them, to care for them.
Please God, I ask you to numb their pain.  
I ask you to lift their hopes and will to overcome their sickness.
Lessen their struggles, their worries, for nothing is worse than being burdened by extraneous things when one is sick.
Let them know that they are loved no matter what sickness they have been dealt as you love me no matter what I do.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment