January 20, 2016

Cancelled again

You might have heard that Washington, DC and the I-95 corridor is going to get slammed with a major snowstorm on Friday.  Unfortunately, that is also the date of the March for Life so we made the decision today to cancel this year's pilgrimage.  It wasn't an easy decision but if the forecast is correct, we would have literally been stranded there.  This is the second time in three years that weather has forced us to cancel our trip.  The last time we cancelled, some groups still went and I guess it took them 18 hours to get there.  One former youth minster jokingly told me that she was having a priest hear her confession on the bus because she was convinced they were going to die driving down!

Please do pray for all those who are still taking part in standing up for life as I'm sure many are still going.

No comments:

Post a Comment