October 1, 2014

A new record!

During the past few weeks, we have been collecting food in homerooms to benefit the New Hampshire Food Bank.  We concluded it on Monday and I am beyond excited to announced that our students brought in 7,800 pounds of food.

SEVEN
THOUSAND
EIGHT
HUNDRED

To compare, we raised a little over 5,700 pounds last year and this year we have 30 less students.

I am grateful to all of of families for helping out but I want to make a special mention of Mr. Carnevale's and Mr. Martinez's homerooms.  Mr. Martinez's homeroom brought in over 1,300 pounds and Mr. Carnevale's brought in a whopping 1,780 pounds.  Mr. Martinez's homeroom however came in first as Mr. Martinez was able to arrange for 1,000 pounds of yogurt to be donated from Stonyfield Farms in Londonderry on behalf of Trinity High School.  Mrs. Leblond's homeroom came in third with 608 pounds.

As promised, the school will get a week of dress down days for meeting our goal of 5,500 pounds and the top three homerooms will get to pick from three prizes: a week of no homework in theology class, buffalo wings from Billy's here in Manchester, or donuts from Top Donuts in Lowell.

You can see pictures from when the Food Bank picked up the food here.  Some of our students also took some time lapse videos and when I figure out how to post those I will.

As is our custom when we conclude a major project like this, our morning prayer the other day was from Matthew 25:

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’ ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment