March 5, 2014

The final countdown...

This past Monday was the 99th day until our seniors graduate from Trinity High School.  To mark the occasion, I gave them a special gift - a letter from themselves.  When they were freshmen, my predecessor, Mr. Malinowski, had them write letters to their future selves at their freshman retreat.  I am not sure when the letters were intended to be given to them but I thought this was a good occasion as any.

The kids were shocked when I gave the letters to them.  They were dying laughing as they looked at their handwriting and the things they wrote to themselves.  I must say that this is a great class of seniors and I am going to miss them terribly.  They were the last class I taught full-time and I had most of them as freshmen for World Geography.  I look forward to spending these final days with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment