October 21, 2013

"Bless us, O Lord..."

My grandmother lived upstairs from me growing up and in her dining room was a picture of an old man saying grace before eating a simple meal of bread and soup.  The picture has always stuck with me and while thinking of ways to build upon our school's prayer life, I thought of buying a print of that picture and putting it in the cafeteria.  The picture arrived last week and in thinking of places to put it, I thought it would be ideal just as the students enter in.  So, when they go to eat lunch or other foods, they are constantly reminded of the blessings of God for the food they have.

I hope to later add the text of the traditional Catholic grace prayer.

I am grateful to Mr. Clement '63 and Mr. Poisson of our maintenance staff for putting the picture up for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment