October 2, 2012

The little ones

I always enjoy having the chance to visit elementary schools and chatting with the younger grades.  Yesterday I spent the morning at Saint Joseph Regional Junior High School speaking to all the Religion classes.  I went there to invite them to join us for the Blessing of the Animals on October 4 here at Trinity.

The 8th graders had read about a boy who did something similar to our Cardboard City event and the teacher asked me to talk about our program.  One of the students asked if they could take part too and when I asked for a show of hands, all of them went up!  So hopefully the students of St. Joe's will be with us which will add a lot of fun and, more importantly, more funds for the folks at New Horizons.

It was a whirlwind day as I spoke to 6 straight classes from 7:50am-12pm but the kids were a lot of fun and the teachers and staff are so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment