August 23, 2012

More than just a job

I always tell our students that their parents invest a lot of money to send them to a Catholic school so that they can be formed and transformed in their faith.  It is so awesome that us teachers don't just have teach Math, Science, English, etc. - we know our job (if you want to call it that) entails so much more.  

Case in point: our Art teacher, Mrs. Krassowski, emailed me today to see if I could suggest some scripture quotes or quotes from holy men and women that pertain to light, fire, and collaboration for a project her class is working on to hang in the main office.  She wanted it to go together with the theme of this week's senior retreat, "Go and set the world on fire" which comes from Saint Ignatius of Loyola.  

This is what it's all about folks.  I love my job.

1 comment:

  1. Matthew 5:14-16
    You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put in under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

    Psalm 119:105
    Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

    ReplyDelete