November 22, 2011

479 and counting...

The past few days have been ones that make me realize how incredibly blessed I am to be a part of the Trinity High School community.  On Friday and Saturday, my son Kevin and I were honored to play a small role in the drama club's production of "Seussical."  I played the Grinch and Kevin was Max the Dog.  Our scene was in the middle of Act 2 and was only about a minute so we didn't get involved in rehearsals until last week.  The students (who did a fantastic job) were so welcoming and happy to have Kevin be a part of the show.  He got so many hugs from the girls that when we got home one night, my wife jokingly asked why he smelled so much like perfume and make up.  "Were girls kissing you?" she asked.  "Yes" Kevin said "They love me."

And then there was yesterday.  My day began greeting our students and families who were able to donate baskets to our Thanksgiving Basket Drive.  They left the baskets on the front lawn of the school and it was so powerful to see the basket totals grow and grow and grow.  At 8:30am, I had the good fortune to go down to WGIR 610 AM to appear on the morning show with Mr. Moriarity (father of CJ '12) to talk about Thursday's Turkey Bowl and the canned food drive that Central High School (with help from Trinity) is putting on at the game to benefit New Horizons.  They graciously gave us about 10 minutes to promote the drive as well as the service work of Trinity High School.

And then after school, a caravan of students, parents, family members, an alum (Nick Nalette '10), and Mr. Raczka, the husband of our late beloved Director of Guidance Mrs. Raczka, dropped off the 473 Thanksgiving Baskets to the food pantries of Blessed Sacrament and Transfiguration Parishes (we're now up to 479 as 6 more baskets came in today).  We gave 105 of the baskets to Transfiguration and the remainder to Blessed Sacrament.  We also gave each $150 thanks to a generous donation from PSNH (on behalf of Ms. Kenney, mother of Liam '15).

I went with the group to Blessed Sacrament and they were blown away by the generosity of our families.  They said it was the most food we've ever given them.  In addition to the food pantry volunteers, the pastor of Blessed Sacrament, Father John Bucchino, OFM and Bro. Charles Gingerich, OFM were there to greet us.  Father John will be saying our Thanksgiving Mass tomorrow assissted by Bro. Charles who is also a deacon.

I was so tired when I got home last night but so grateful for everyone at this place.  It was so nice to go home to my amazing wife and my two children knowing I have such the best of both worlds - a supportive and loving family and an amazing job working with amazing and supportive people.  God is indeed good!

No comments:

Post a Comment